3M HIS Outpatient Consultant ∞ - (3M HIS Office Location or Remote)MURRAY, Utah, USAKundenserviceR00968270
3M is seeking an Outpatient Consultant for the Health Information Systems Division, located at any 3M HIS office location or remote. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
The person hired for the position of Outpatient Consultant will handle Outpatient (facility) and/or Professional Fee management of and performing Consulting Services projects for Outpatient and/or Professional Fee clients. This individual will also perform Risk Adjustment Consulting Services projects for clients.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ambulatory CDI including Risk Adjustment, outpatient and/or professional coding and regulatory auditing, training and advisory services, revenue cycle and denial management process improvement.
- Provide advice related to conforming outpatient information to be accepted in an organizations information system
- Assume responsibility for projects that are typically medium in scale with moderate risk and impact to the Division/Business/Department unit
- Serve as coach to existing and potential future Project Managers within the business unit
- Maintain expertise in a related functional area in an outpatient and/or professional setting efficient to effectively execute assigned technical tasks within an area of healthcare specialties and to carry out project management duties
- Responsible for client relationship development
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3+) years of combined experience with outpatient and/or professional fee coding and/or auditing in ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS within a private, public, government or military environment
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- AAPC risk adjustment certification
- Preferred minimum seven years Professional Fee Physician Coding Experience
- Preferred minimum five years previous experience in health information management services consulting and/or managing coding or CDI quality functions, ICD-10-CM, CPT/HCPCS coding and auditing experience, as well as Risk Adjustment methodologies
- Preferred Minimum five years of experience working in an acute care hospital or healthcare consulting company (coding area)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meets deadlines.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiar with 3M software, programs and technologies
- Ability to find creative solutions and manage difficult situations with diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to work in fast-paced environments and maintain excellent customer relations skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to assure goals are met
- Must have strong business acumen, strategic thinking, presentation skills, training skills, and be creative and innovative
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- The successful candidate will exhibit strong teamwork and collaboration, interpersonal skills, professionalism, sound judgment, dependability, and a strong work ethic
Location: Remote or 3M HIS office locations
Travel: May include up to 75% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.