Technical Aide (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAR00998839
3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Corporate Research Materials Laboratory located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The PSARM Laboratory is part of 3M's Corporate Research Materials Laboratory. This particular position is a temporary, part-time assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program and is not benefit eligible. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing adhesive and functional coating formulations
- Conducting thermal, mechanical and spectroscopic analysis
- Keeping accurate records in laboratory notebook
- Utilizing Microsoft Office and other software to process and present data.
This position is PART-TIME, TEMPORARY and limited to working no more than 899 hours per service credit year.
- Completed at least one semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university OR 3 years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements.
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's level or higher degree program in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Physics is strongly preferred, other research or engineering-related disciplines with an accredited university will be considered.
- Freshman/Sophomore academic status preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Familiarity with polymer characterization instrumentation a plus.
- Will consider applicants that are available throughout the academic year (8-12 hours weekly while classes in session and potentially 32 hours weekly during the summer) or those available during breaks in the academic schedule (e.g. summer, holiday).
Location: Maplewood, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.