Maintenance Mechanic B*CLARKSTON, Georgia, USAUtrzymanie RuchuR00980244
3M is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic B located in Clarkston, Georgia. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Mechanic B will perform the most complex and difficult maintenance tasks utilizing advanced skill set in the majority of the following areas: pneumatics, PLC, machinery, welding, and electrical. Substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. Receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in all safety and regulatory training needed to fulfill the duties of the position. Follow all plant safety rules and regulations, wear PPE as required per procedures.
- Performs all the duties of a Maintenance Mechanic in keeping equipment operational and processes going.
- Troubleshoots difficult equipment issues using blueprints, equipment manuals and internet resources.
- Directs the daily assignments of the Maintenance Mechanics.
- Identifies training requirements of the Maintenance Mechanics.
- Trains as required or seeks proper training resources.
- Assures that labor time is entered in maintenance work orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designate.
This position may require:
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
This position will require:
- Working overtime
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and/or 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Frequent physical demands, including:
- lifting up to 50 lbs.
- frequent standing/sitting/squatting
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a skilled specialist in a private, public, government, or military environment.
- Minimum 10 years’ maintenance experience including pneumatics, PLC, machinery, welding, and electrical in a private, public, government or military environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in the English language. Excellent math skills and complex blueprint reading, drawings, notes, and computer skills. Fully qualified pneumatics, PLC, machinery, welding, and electrical.
Location: Clarkston, Georgia
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.