Advanced Machine Vision Application Engineer ∞ (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAProduktionR00959076
3M is seeking an Advanced Machine Vision Application Engineer for the Automated Inspection & Measurement Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The Automated Inspection and Measurement group is responsible for fundamental technology development, application investigations, system integration, technology deployment, and support across many 3M divisions in the areas of automated inspection, measurement, machine vision, automation, and process data systems.
The person hired for this position will be responsible for developing new machine vision or automated inspection system technology within a team environment to enable 3M product development and manufacturing. Technology areas include optics, image processing, machine vision, web inspection, electronics, system integration, and data analysis. Depending on the specific application, there will be installations in 3M facilities around the world. In addition, systems and solutions must be managed and supported from initial conception to application development to deployment to ongoing system support.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Automated inspection, measurement, and machine vision system integration and application engineering with a focus on implementation into manufacturing operations.
- Technology development for custom inspection and measurement applications with particular emphasis on opto-mechanical systems, machine vision, and automation.
- Data analysis and optimization using tools including Six Sigma to maximize value of delivered systems.
- Identifying, filtering, and prioritizing customer (3M Internal) requirements.
- Working within a team setting to solve manufacturing challenges.
- Providing ongoing Tier 2 support for installed infrastructure, may include on-call support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or other related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience developing and implementing machine vision technology
- Image processing, signal processing, optics, software, or electronics experience
- MATLAB, Labview, or ImageJ experience
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, and team skills
- Product development, manufacturing technology, process engineering, or quality engineering experience
- Six Sigma
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).