Manufacturing Specialist (Nevada, MO)NEVADA, Missouri, USAEngineeringR00979610
3M is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Specialist located in Nevada, MO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Specialist will be responsible for continuous improvements to custom color and graphic film products used around the world for brand advertising and personalization of vehicles. This operation requires aggressive delivery of complex and diverse solutions which drive results in EHS, quality, customer service, cost reductions and new product qualifications.
For additional information, please visit our website: 3M Nevada Plant
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains an awareness of quality improvement and product opportunities and is productive in suggesting and testing ideas. Develops and implements continuous improvement systems on processes of major complexity.
- With minimal supervision, initiates, identifies, recommends, and oversees programs to improve: 1) product quality, customer service, delivered cost, and/or 2) process safety and health/environmental impact.
- Fosters and cultivates and extensive network of support and resources (laboratory, quality, financial, manufacturing, engineering, sales, and marketing) to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Cross-functional team leadership for new product start-ups, new process technology integration, cost reduction, and supply chain improvement using Lean Six Sigma.
- May assist in the development of other technical employees by training, guiding, mentoring, setting an example, and offering counsel.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in a private, public, government or military environment in one or more of the following areas: project engineering, process engineering, manufacturing engineering, manufacturing technology, product development, quality, EHS, and/or research laboratory.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience in coating, drying and/or converting roll goods in web line applications.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and implement solutions.
- Effective project management skills with proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with time constraints.
- Works well on cross-functional teams in a continuous improvement (LEAN) environment.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Minitab
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, Minitab, PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and influencing skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints.
Location: Nevada, Missouri
Travel: Less than 20% travel
Relocation Benefits: Authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
This posting is for a Manufacturing Engineer position at 3M Nevada. Qualified applications may be considered when Manufacturing Engineer openings occur at 3M Nevada for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.