Biomedical Engineering Specialist (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USALaboratory/Technical and SoftwareR00977997
3M is seeking a Biomedical Engineering Specialist for the Medical Solutions Division (MSD), located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M is seeking a high-performing individual to design and develop products for our patient warming business from concept through market introduction. The Biomedical Engineering Specialist position will involve working with customer insights and cross functional teams to define, design, develop and commercialize patient warming products.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/medical-us/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and execute new product development programs for patient warming applications
- Develop insights that help identify, define and prioritize new product opportunities
- Define product requirements, especially in mechanical and heat transfer systems
- Design and implement new methodologies, materials, processes or products to bring concepts to market
- Conduct feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended
- Maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development
- Develop and manage project plans, timelines and deliverables
- Work across multiple functions to drive innovation that supports business growth
- Investigates and evaluates existing technology
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in product design and/or development in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering (Biomedical, Biochemical, Mechanical, Chemical) or a closely related field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in medical device product design and development
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading cross-functional teams
- Heat transfer expertise in biological systems
- Demonstrated ability to bring products from concept to market
- Demonstrated problem solving and analyses skills, systems thinker, results driven, strong team skills and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).