UR – Optimized Operations (O2) Engineer*MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAProduktionR00953222
3M is seeking an Engineer for the Optimized Operations (O2) Experience Program. This position will be a rotational program in US locations with potential international assignments. Here, you go!
3M Optimized Operations (O2) is a manufacturing and supply chain based program that provides recent graduates with a world of opportunity to jump start their careers. O2 involves challenging assignments and rotational experiences geared toward inspiring employees to be continuous improvement driven, socially cognizant, and globally engaged. The O2 Program offers advanced development via fast paced training in Lean Six Sigma, advanced statistics, project leadership, supply chain principles, and applied learning. O2s have the opportunity to interact and network with senior leadership to make impactful contributions to our operations. Visit 3M.com/careers-O2 for more program details.
The Optimized Operations (O2) Engineer's role is to successfully lead and implement multiple improvement projects within the 3M manufacturing and supply chain environment.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in extensive training such as Lean Six Sigma, project management and leadership development.
- Providing leadership on assigned projects, with mentoring, to develop proficiency using established methods, practices, and concepts that are heavily weighted by Six Sigma methodology and focused on Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Lead multiple Green Belt projects and become Green Belt Certified.
- Project work may include productivity improvements, changeover reduction, cycle time reduction, quality improvements, waste reduction, process control improvements, etc.
- Engage in social responsibility project.
- Will work in multiple locations as assigned.
- Recent graduates (of any age) who are in the last year of completing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university, or have completed such a degree within the last three years
- Previous internship, co-op, and/or industry work experience
- Must be willing to relocate anywhere in the continental United States within the first 24 months of employment
- Recent graduates (of any age) who are in the last year of completing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong computer skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills, process control, and statistical knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with flexible work locations
Location: Multiple US locations, to be determined
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel and international assignment
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.