Financial Analyst ∞ (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAFinanzwesenR00967827
3M is seeking a Financial Analyst for the Consumer Health Care Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Financial Analyst will be a valued cross functional team member within Muscle and Joint Wellness and Respiratory Wellness Business Units. He/she will be responsible for providing financial counsel to the business on new products, operating and strategic plans, quarterly operating reviews, gross margin optimization and other required division financial support. The person hired for this role will also be the lead financial analyst for the division Sales and Marketing organization. Responsibilities include finance counsel for the Advertising and Merchandising processes including budgeting and management of the customer incentive plans to ensure accurate financial statements while maximizing margins.
The Financial Analyst position is a great opportunity for your financial career development as you will be the valued financial leader for the growth of the business units. You will be exposed to all levels of business management within the business units that embrace, value, and develop the business knowledge of the Finance team. Get ready to continue to drive business success as a member of the CHCD Finance Team.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the business team and functions by providing proactive finance counsel to influence business thinking
- Finance representative on the global business team, providing monthly analysis of worldwide financial results and attainment of targets
- Develop, Drive and attain the assigned business units in the, annual operating plan, quarterly operating review (QOR) and monthly rolling estimates
- Actively engage in the strategic planning process with the business units and functional teams
- Articulate results of financial analysis, influencing business thinking, and negotiating outcomes to assure business results attainment
- Provide analysis of operating department budgets and counsel
- Proactively develop analysis and work with business to drive change
- Engage and Partner with US Business Accounting, Plant Analyst Center, and Global Service Center in the close process each month, including necessary analysis to ensure accurate P&L
- Engage and Partner with Marketing and Sales Operations to ensure customer incentive plans are properly budgeted and accrued monthly
- Provide financial analysis of investment opportunities, new product opportunities, pricing plans, source of supply, etc.
- Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP and 3M financial standards
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) combined years of finance and/or accounting experience in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing business counsel
- SAP experience
- Highly proactive self-starter with ability to drive change
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork skills/abilities
- Experience working on cross functional, cross business unit and global teams
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint with strong attention to detail
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills with a strategic mindset
- Solid business acumen with ability to use internal and external data to provide counsel and influence decision making
- Ability to translate data into meaningful financial insights and analysis
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-starter willing to develop new ideas and thoughts in white space area
- Ability to drive, react to, and embrace change
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).