Specialist Polymer/Organic Chemist- Adhesives Focus ∞ (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USALaboratory/Technical and SoftwareR00953908
3M is seeking a Specialist Polymer/Organic Chemist - Adhesives Focus for the Film and Materials Resources Division (FMRD) Laboratory located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Specialist Polymer/Organic Chemist - Adhesives Focus will be responsible for the research and development of specialty adhesives and polymers. This includes lab development as well as manufacturing scale-up and support.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/bonding-and-assembly-us/resources/science-of-adhesion/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- New materials/technology development of specialty adhesive materials
- Working closely with 3M partner divisions to develop adhesives and polymers that meet their performance requirements
- Collaborating with 3M corporate labs to integrate and scale novel materials and processes
- Oversee manufacturing scale-up of newly developed adhesive/polymer materials to ensure robust product quality and performance
- Support of ongoing materials production at global FMRD manufacturing facilities
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of seven (7) years combined experience in organic synthesis and/or polymer synthesis and characterization in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s degree or higher in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Track record of new material/product development
- Familiarity with synthesis of pressure sensitive adhesives and characterization thereof
- Demonstrated creativity in research approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) with the corresponding ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to handle diverse project responsibilities
- Experience leading a global cross functional team
- Microsoft Office proficient
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).