Manufacturing Supervisor ∞ (Valley, NE)VALLEY, Nebraska, USAProduktionR00968255
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor for the SGBG/Personal Safety Division located in Valley, NE. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Supervisor will….
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides appropriate training and instructions to employees on standard and new operating procedures. Reviews, updates and communicates product standards. Ensures a safe working environment through formal inspections, correcting unsafe behaviors, safety meetings, and utilizing proper work methods, procedures and equipment. Ensure employees receive training as specified. Provides effective communication to employees through crew meetings, electronic mail, etc. Completes housekeeping audit and job safety analysis on a regular basis. Participates in the site emergency squad activities.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of a production area which may be on a rotating shift basis. Provide direct supervision to production and/or hourly employees such as operators, assemblers, technicians, etc with responsibility in one process operation (technology area) such as warehouse, packaging, milling and mixing, etc. Plans daily work schedules, determines priorities, allocates work assignments, and regulates production process in order to meet specific daily production requirements. Evaluates employee performance and provides necessary feedback. Utilizes corrective action to resolve conflict and inappropriate behaviors.
- Monitors production rates, yields, and quality of products on a daily basis and provides feedback to employees on results. Organizes and reviews changeovers with appropriate staff to minimize downtime. Addresses production issues such as scheduling, quality, run time, etc. May make process suggestions to improve quality and reduce costs. Implements cost reduction programs to ensure the efficient utilization of labor, materials, and equipment.
- Applies working knowledge and interpretation of corporate and plant policies and procedures. Handles shift administrative activities such as time reporting, attendance control, vacation planning, overtime, etc. Prepares and analyzes production indices for reporting purposes. Monitors and projects material usage to ensure adequate supply.
- Coordinate the activities of outside interests such as maintenance, contractors, visitors, etc. Participate in assigned team functions and projects.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through leadership, coaching, training, development, allocating work assignment, review of progress in achieving objectives managing employee compensation, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures. May manage workforce vendors and contracts.
- High School diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of process equipment such as coaters, slitters, reactors, reactor systems, dryers, instrumentation/controls, etc.
- Leadership, communication, problem solving, mechanical, computer, administrative, and short-term planning skills
- Understanding of DOT and Hazardous Materials regulations.
Location: Valley, NE
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).