Sr. Quality Engineer* ∞ (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAQualitätsabteilungR00959590
3M is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division (IATD) Quality Team located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will provide Quality Engineering support for various programs in the SPSD Division. This position may involve assignments to new product development programs, marketed products, quality systems, and regulatory projects. 3M SPSD is an exciting growth business within 3M's Industrial Business Group (IBG) and a market leader in purification solutions.
The Engineer will work and interact significantly with other cross functional team members (lab, plant manufacturing, manufacturing technology, regulatory, quality systems, etc.). This position can provide a great opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as an employee.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Implementing QM processes, manage change impacts, business roles and education.
- Participating in QM implementation for ERP deployments.
- Collaborating with the global Polaris BT and US QM deployment teams.
- Developing and delivering Corporate Quality strategy through education, training and development of our Global Quality organization.
- Creating metrics, reports and analytics that identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities across our Businesses and Operations.
- Quality leader and core team member on New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance (QA) support of related, marketed products. Support activities include change management, customer complaint tracking/trending/monitoring, risk management, quality agreements, and quality improvement and compliance activities.
- Assuring compliance to internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and external standards. Leading Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), Risk Management, Risk Reviews, and change control.
- Representing the customer, evaluating customer complaints and issues, samples and trends, and determining the necessary action plans.
- Interacting with and supporting our plant manufacturing locations (traveling to plant sites as necessary).
- Helping to drive and foster a quality environment and mindset throughout the business
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years combined product, quality, engineering, manufacturing, microbiology, and/or laboratory/technical environment experience in a private, public, government and/or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution
- Operational experience working with current Quality Management Systems and processes
- ERP experience
- Ability to understand and champion quality and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to drive a Customer First mindset and Quality Culture within teams
- Experience with IT systems and IT system implementation projects
- Demonstrated ability to deploy system changes with plant sites globally
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- ASQ professional certification as CQE or CMQ/OE (or equivalent)
- Detail oriented with project management experience
- Ability to influence at all levels, promoting and driving change acceptance
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Experience working on cross-functional and global teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Statistics, Chemistry, Microbiology or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Previous experience working in an FDA regulated device, combination, or drug environment
- Ability to lead key Quality deliverables and execute in a timely fashion.
- Previous experience leading QA efforts for marketed products and new product introduction teams
- Previous manufacturing plant experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Statistical knowledge and practice including: Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R) studies, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Process Capability, Sampling Plans, Design of Experiments (DOE), Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Regression, Process and Product Understanding (PPU) and/or Lean Manufacturing]
- Validation experience
- Risk Management and Test Method Validation Experience
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and lead change
- Minitab and Microsoft Office proficient
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.