Senior Cloud Engineer (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAInformation TechnologyR00977495
3M is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer for the Information Technology team located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Senior Cloud Engineer will work with the global process teams to build and deploy standardized global cloud solutions as part of the Polaris project.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead in design, development and testing of cloud solutions leveraging tools include Data Lake, Data Cubes, and Data Warehouses, Databricks etc.
- Strong SQL, programming, software development and lifecycle management methodologies (Agile, CI/CD pipelines etc).
- Familiar with data acquisition, management, and deployment practices
- Work closely with Product owners to understand, document, and implement requirements to deliver solutions on time with high quality.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in a private, public, government or military environment in one or more of the following areas: Information Technology (IT), software development, data management, technical project management, and/or user acceptance testing
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of cloud solutions
- Experience working within the Agile/Scrum framework
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited university
- Exposure to Azure/AWS tools and technology or taken course work related to cloud computing
- Previous internship experience in Azure/AWS implementations or previous work experience in Information Technology
- Working knowledge on SQL queries
- Working knowledge on Python, SQL, C#, R
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Have a strong background and interest in technology
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% travel
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).