Manufacturing Department HelperCORONA, California, USAManufacturingR01060898
Manufacturing Department Helper
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“At 3M, we want to make sure that everyone, from all walks of life, know they can share their opinions, they’re heard, and change is made based on their input.” – Ann Anaya, chief diversity officer at 3M”
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Manufacturing Department Helper you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Maintaining cleanliness of work areas through different means such as shoveling, sweeping, wheelbarrow usage and/or bobcat, front loader and fork truck operation. Housekeeping duties include sweeping and shoveling crushed rock
- Cleaning in, under and around factory equipment such as rotary kilns, mixers, and conveyor belts
- Temporary assignments to fill-in/relieve other positions in Coloring and C&S manufacturing Departments
- Handling hazardous waste following appropriate plant procedures. Proper handling includes packaging, labeling, container inspection, and sealing
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start)
- Obtaining and maintaining a valid PIV (Power industrial Vehicle) license
- Ability to Work weekends, overtime, holidays as needed, short notice call-in Work any shift available, including, but not limited to, first, second, third
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in manufacturing, construction, mechanical, and/or agriculture experience
- SAP experience
- Experience working in a mining environment and Work in varying climate conditions
- Experience operating a powered fork truck, operating heavy machinery and PIV’s including, but not limited to Forklifts and Guzzler Trucks
- Able to understand and follow both oral and written instructions
Relocation Assistance: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
This posting is for a Manufacturing Department Helper position at 3M Corona. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Manufacturing Department Helper openings occur at 3M Corona, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.