3M HIS Software Development Manager (Atlanta, GA; Silver Spring, MD; Murray, UT)ATLANTA, Georgia, USALaboratorium R00980402
3M is seeking a Software Development Manager for the Health Information Systems located in Atlanta, GA; Silver Spring, MD; Murray, UT office. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. We work with 5,000+ healthcare organizations, both providers and payers, to deliver software and services that help them succeed in an ever-changing healthcare world. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
Software Development Manager Job Summary: 3M Health Information Systems produces intelligent software that simplifies management of health information, medical coding, payment and other important functions for 3M customers. The technology stack is mixed, and you will be working with senior level, full stack developers. The ideal candidate is technically both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. You will inspire and provide technical leadership of development teams and will work with a variety of different technologies. You will be required to demonstrate progress in areas including cloud security, international localization, quality assurance and automation, and adhering to regulatory requirements and 3M policies and standards. You should be innovative, hardworking, collaborative, and have a proven track record for delivering successful projects. Respect, adaptability, collaboration, accountability, and a customer first mentality are key attributes that will make you successful in this job. We are looking for a candidate that has strong leadership experience, knows how to help teams balance many competing priorities, and is a change agent for product and engineering excellence. Your strong technical background, deep knowledge of software engineering and excellent communication skills will be foundational to your success.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Software Development Manager Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Champion and change agent for Scrum, Six Sigma, Lean, and continuous improvement principles and activities
- Promote agile methodologies across the Revenue Cycle development organization
- Provide guidance in the forming of appropriately staffed cross-functional teams so that release commitments are met on time and with high quality
- Provide direct technical supervision to assigned staff, which includes hiring, establishing and tracking goals and objectives, scrum team assignment, training, and facilitating the performance review process.
- Work closely with other managers to ensure consistency, synergy and teamwork across the organization.
- Create an atmosphere of innovation, new R&D cultures and enable professional growth
- Must be comfortable in fast paced agile environment with challenging deadlines, and be able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Responsible for mentoring team members on duties such as analysis, design, coding, debugging, automation and testing, documentation, support, maintenance, managing releases and updates
- Provide appropriate leadership to focus the team’s energy, creativity and efforts towards achieving business objectives, defining/driving quality initiatives and implementing best practices
- Provide industry related knowledge to Product Owners so they can make informed decisions related to technology and best practices
- Participate on cross-functional teams, working directly with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Leaders and Application Engineers and Architects
- Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through leadership, coaching, training and development, review of progress in achieving objectives, managing employee compensation, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to address policy violations. May manage workforce vendors and contracts
- Provide and facilitate clear and concise communication with team, peers and managers including status reporting, timely raising critical issues and giving constructive feedback.
- Effectively manage and resolve intra-team and inter-team conflict.
- Willingness to be available to engage teams outside normal working hours as needed for urgent customer support issues.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of Application development experience
Software Development Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Seven (7) years of experience in RDBMS (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Seven (7) years of experience in Application Development (i.e. .NET, C++, Java)
- Certification in Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner role
- Healthcare data related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading a development team during the design, architecture and implementation phases
- Ability to meet timelines set in project plans and produce a high-quality product
- Ability to take individual initiative and responsibility for assignments
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and technology
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Ability to direct and influence other
Location: Atlanta, GA; Silver Spring, MD; Murray, UT
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel may be required
Relocation: Is approved for this position
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.