Manufacturing Engineer (Columbia, MO)COLUMBIA, Missouri, USAManufacturingR00977143
3M is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer that will support Healthcare Products manufactured at Columbia, Missouri Plant. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will support the Liquid Medical Products value streams in the 3M Plant in Columbia, Mo. Liquid Medical Products value stream makes products that support 3M Medical Solution Divisions as part of Health Care Business Group. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for process and manufacturing improvements, daily operations and new product introductions across diverse work centers. The individual will work with plant, customer, vendor, marketing, and product development teams. The ideal candidate will perform well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment managing multiple projects effectively while working with colleagues in the laboratory, in manufacturing, and in the business groups.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: 3M Columbia, MO Plant
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Initiate, identify, recommend and lead projects in the manufacturing area of responsibility to improve: product cost, service, quality, and process safety and health/environmental impact
- Programs must meet overall project timelines
- Responsible for new process development, process validation, and manufacturing scale-up
- Responsible for performing and guiding technical activities resulting from approved, self-initiated, or assigned manufacturing programs leading to innovative applications and extensions of existing or new products/technologies having major importance to the business
- Function as a technical resource and mentor within immediate work group
- Begin establishing self as a technical expert, resource, and mentor throughout the division
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation of work as required by the business unit
- Responsible for helping update operating procedures and maintenance procedures
- Work closely with production and maintenance teams to perform troubleshooting activities and resolve equipment/downtime issues
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support (laboratory, quality, financial, manufacturing, engineering, sales and marketing) to facilitate completion of assignments
- Willingness to be on-call
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a private, public, government or military environment in one or more of the following areas: Process development, product development, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, and product engineering
- Possess a Master's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of manufacturing experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Lean Six Sigma expertise
- Experience in Health Care products and FDA regulated business
- Knowledge in liquid dispensing, automated assembly, and chemical handling
- Demonstrated experience to analyze problems, diagnose root cause, and apply corrective actions
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, 13485, 14001, and cGMP or other change control processes
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills, written and oral
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
Location: Columbia, MO
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation Benefits: Are authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.