Production Operator (Cynthiana, KY)CYNTHIANA, Kentucky, USAManufacturingR00978394
3M is seeking a Production Operator for the Consumer Office Supplies Division located in Cynthiana, KY. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Production Operator will be responsible for operating manual and automatic converting equipment while ensuring that acceptable quality materials are produced.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Observe all safety procedures, maintain a clean and safe work area
- Must be able to understand & apply quality instructions & specifications
- Monitors the production or packing operation to insure quality objectives are met
- Load/unload material into & from equipment
- Work as a team member through sharing information, problem solving & assisting others
- Perform other tasks as requested by team leaders
This position will require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Short notice call in
- Working an 8 or 12 hour rotating shift depending on shift availability
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of plant and/or manufacturing experience in a public, private, government, or military environment
- Post-high school education
- Basic computer knowledge
Location: Cynthiana, KY
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Cynthiana, KY. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Production Operator openings occur at 3M Cynthiana, KY, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until October 2019. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.