Advanced Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer (EHS)* ∞ - (Irvine, CA)IRVINE, California, USAHealth, Safety & EnvironmentR00966579
3M is seeking an Advanced Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer for the Oral Care Solutions Division Manufacturing Plant located in Irvine, CA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Advanced EHS Engineer will be responsible for leading programs that assist the site in achieving Global Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability goals.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership for multiple EHS programs which include programs that focus on Fall Protection, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics, Confined Space Entry/Rescue, Chemical Safety, TSCA, Site Emergency Coordination, Waste Management, Ventilation, Hearing Conservation, and Respirators/PPE.
- Initiate EHS activities and programs that lead to innovative applications.
- Apply scientific, engineering principles and behavioral based systems to reduce EHS risk.
- Participate and/or lead EHS assessments and audits. Acting as a facility representative during agency inspections, including but not limited to EPA, OSHA, fire department, and county.
- Provides technical EHS support in the design and installation of new or modified equipment and management of change processes. Assist with meeting plant Lean Six Sigma projects, including management of Green Belt projects related to EHS.
- Complete internal and external EHS compliance reports. Analyze EHS data and report trends. Recommend plans for correction of gaps.
- Implement ergonomic programs to reduce risk of cumulative trauma and other ergonomic injuries.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral forms with peers and others at varying levels within the organization. Presenting ideas well one on one, in small groups, and to larger audiences. Having the ability to convey the meaning and importance of EHS topics to non-EHS personnel and to influence others to take appropriate action based on such information.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2+) years of industry experience working with Advanced Environmental, Health and Safety programs and procedures within a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science, engineering, or environmental health and safety (EHS) discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience with hazard and risk assessments
- Experience with state and federal regulations (e.g, OSHA, EPA, etc)
- Self-directed, detail oriented, good interpersonal, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- ISO 14001 experience
- Five (5) years of experience working in an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- QEP, CSP, or CIH certification(s)
Location: Irvine, CA
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.