Product Development Specialist-Food Allergen Detection Focus* (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USALaboratory/Technical and SoftwareR00975022
3M is seeking a Product Development Chemist-Food Allergen Detection Focus for 3M Food Safety Department located in Maplewood, MN.
The person hired or the position of Product Development Chemist-Food Allergen Detection Focus will contribute to the development of new products and technology in the Food Safety Department,
At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/food-safety-us/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Use knowledge of chemistry and biochemistry to design and develop rapid detection technology
- Define product specification to meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Generate and evaluate multiple product concepts to meet customers' needs
- Develop product concepts into robust products for commercialization
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of seven (7) years of combined laboratory experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biotechnology or a related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in food and/or beverage quality testing or in the development of immunology-based detection systems
- Organizational and project management skills that includes New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Experience in new product design and development with demonstrated success effectively contributing to cross functional teams (Product Development, Tech Service, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing, etc.) and commercializing new products
- Analytical abilities with demonstrated use of design of experiments and other statistical methods or tools
- Passionate, self-motivated, inquisitive, imaginative, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation
- Microsoft Office proficient
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic
Relocation: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.