Production OperatorMIDWAY, Tennessee, USAManufacturing / ПроизводствоR00980609
3M is seeking a Production Operators for the Industrial Business Group located in Midway, TN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go!
The person hired for the position of Production Operator will clean crust off ingots with the use of pneumatic air chisels, assist in the production of fused material and may operate one or more grinding processed/pieces of equipment to produce and package multiple fused silica products in accordance with customer specifications and company standard operating procedures.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform equipment set-up
- Perform troubleshooting on assigned production equipment
- Performs daily inspections on fork lifts as well as daily operation of forklifts
- Position raw materials at workstations
- Maintain and keep work area clean
- Follows all safety procedures
- Performs other duties as directed by the production supervisor or lead operator
This position will require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working any shift available, including, but not limited to first, second or third
- Frequent Physical Demands, including lifting up to 80 lbs., lifting 55 lbs. repeatedly, climbing ladders
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Adaptable and flexible
- Experience in a private, public, government, or military manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate forklifts or PIV’s
Location: Midway, TN
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Midway, TN. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Production Operator openings occur at 3M Midway, TN, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until November 2019. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.