Production Supervisor ∞ (Nevada, MO)NEVADA, Missouri, USAManufacturingR00967906
3M is seeking a Production Supervisor for the Commercial Solutions Division Manufacturing Facility located in Nevada, MO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Production Supervisor will provide supervisory support for manufacturing operations within the plant and is responsible for driving safety, quality, service, productivity, and employee engagement.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures a safe working environment through formal inspections, correcting unsafe behaviors, safety meetings, and utilizing proper work methods, procedures and equipment. Ensure employees receive training as specified. Provides effective communication to employees through crew meetings, electronic mail, etc. Completes housekeeping audit and job safety analysis on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of a production area on a rotating shift. Provide direct supervision to production and/or hourly employees such as operators, contingent workers, etc with responsibility in process operations such as packaging, coating, extruding, milling and mixing, etc. Plans daily work schedules, determines priorities, allocates work assignments, and regulates production process in order to meet specific daily production requirements. Evaluates employee performance and provides necessary feedback. Utilizes corrective action to resolve conflict and inappropriate behaviors.
- Monitors production rates, yields, and quality of products on a daily basis and provides feedback to employees on results. Organizes and reviews changeovers with appropriate staff to minimize downtime. Addresses production issues such as scheduling, quality, run time, etc. Identifies and implements cost reduction programs to ensure the efficient utilization of labor, materials, and equipment.
- Handles shift administrative activities such as time reporting, attendance control, vacation planning, overtime, etc. Prepares and analyzes production indices for reporting purposes. Monitors and projects material usage to ensure adequate supply.
- Coordinate the activities of outside interests such as maintenance, contractors, engineers, visitors, etc. Participate in assigned team functions and projects. Understanding of regulations and environmental quality systems impacting assigned departments.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through principal based leadership, coaching, training, development, allocating work assignment, review of progress in achieving objectives, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures.
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of two (2) years of either supervisory, engineering, and/or leadership experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Experience overseeing training and compliance programs
- Self-directed and detail oriented
- Ability to create, lead and work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to drive, influence, and sustain positive change
Location: Nevada, MO
Travel: Up to 5% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers