Manufacturing Engineer (Transportation Safety Division) - Guin, ALGUIN, Alabama, USAManufacturingR00967667
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Transportation Safety Division located in Guin, Alabama. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Process Engineer will be responsible for Processes in the Tape Value Stream in the 3M Guin, Alabama plant.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness of assigned Processes
- Lead/participate in cross-functional teams to drive cost reduction and qualify product/process changes and NPI projects for manufacturing deliverables
- Collaborate with global teams to implement global best practices
- Identify and utilize corporate resources, experts and organizations to speed resolution and implementation of solutions
- Identify and implement cost-disruptive manufacturing technology projects
- Generate manufacturing cost estimates for new finished good SKUs within area of responsibility
- Assist in generating capital needs/forecasts, defining product manufacturing specifications, and in equipment selection, design, and installations
- Knowledge and experience in statistical techniques for monitoring and improving manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start date) in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or manufacturing technology role
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of manufacturing, lab and/or engineering experience
- Demonstrated use of skills and knowledge of equipment, systems, materials, processes, and procedures to solve manufacturing problems
- Six sigma project leadership experience
- Effective project management skills with proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Ability to understand and apply lean, analytical and statistics tools
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and across multiple disciplines.
Location: Guin, Alabama
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers.