Orthodontic Practice Sales Specialist, 3M Oral Care Solutions Division ∞ (Remote Based IL/IN)Springfield, Illinois, USASalesR00967050
3M is seeking an Orthodontic Practice Specialist for the Oral Care Solutions Division located in the Chicago/Indianapolis/Central IL area. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Orthodontic Practice Specialist will be responsible for selling orthodontic supplies such as brackets, bands, adhesives, arch wires, elastics, hand instruments, and other materials directly to orthodontists. In our direct business model, there are no distributors, wholesalers, or other channel partners. The territory includes the West and Southwest suburbs of Chicago and NW suburbs of Indiana, including Indianapolis, Lafayette and Central Illinois (Bloomington, Champaign, and Peoria).
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet an overall sales quota
- Build relationships with orthodontists, their staffs, and orthodontic residents
- Work with a team consisting of inside sales, customer service, and accounts receivable
- Grow market share and sales volume within assigned geography
- Manage customer discounts, orders, receivables, and overall satisfaction
- Utilize CRM software to track leads, opportunities, and customer interactions
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of field sales in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Current, valid Drivers license is required, as you will be issued a company vehicle for this position
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, order entry software
- History of developing customer relationships
- Understanding of time and territory management
- Comfort level with technical information and numbers
- Ability to speak and teach in front of large groups
- Strong work ethic, people skills, and competitive background
Location: Chicago, IL or Indianapolis area
Sales Territory: SW Chicago, NW Indiana, Central Illinois
Travel: May include up to 40% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized within country per 3M Policies
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).