Inside Sales Representative, 3M Business Services Organization ∞ (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAVertriebR00958637
3M is seeking an Inside Sales Representative for the Electrical Markets Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The position of Inside Sales Representative, 3M Electrical Markets Division (EMD) will be required to establish, develop and grown assigned distributors in an inside sales b2b environment. Meet monthly set goals through sales forecast, customer interactions, and data gathering. Independently performs sales work and training under general supervision for assigned territory or account subset by telephone, email or the Internet at a fixed site, whether home or office, rather than at the customer’s place of business. Initiates actions towards unresolved issues. When necessary, the supervisor is consulted for assistance in problem areas. Understands product lines, customer segments and their needs, divisional/branch functions, and competitive products, prices and policies. Utilizes active listening and communication skills to learn and build customer relationships and understand opportunity and priority to sell. Responsible for performing work as an individual contributor within a forecast target or as a sales team member cultivating a working relationship with field sales reps in all assigned territories to promote a healthy team selling approach.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive 3M EMD sales to assigned distribution in assigned territory.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Understands the customer’s business/sales model to influence key players.
- Introduces new products, and communicates promotions to relevant customers and prospects
- Maintain and update a working sales plan with strategies and tactics to achieve annual sales forecast
- Demonstrates a proficient level of procedural and technical product knowledge to identify products that meet customer needs
- Work to attain sales quota, sales quality and sales productivity metrics
- Shares best practices with the team to promote a positive team environment
- Proficient in identifying market trends and account needs in order to react to market activity and reach favorable sales goals
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year sales experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of three (3) years sales or inside sales experience
- Sales experience within Electrical Markets
- Solid understanding of the 3M Distributor product lines
- Knowledge of the key markets distributors sell into
- Knowledge of competitive suppliers & product lines
- Advanced selling skills & value selling cost comparisons
- Strategic, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Effective selling skills with strong oral , written & presentation skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lotus Notes, and CRM systems
- Time & territory management
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).