Lean Project EngineerDECATUR, Alabama, USAManufacturingR01049388
Lean Project Engineer
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, executive vice president, chief technology officer and environmental responsibility at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Lean Engineer / Lean Project Leader you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading and advancing programs to drive y8ield and productivity improvements by leveraging your strengths and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Implementing long term processes geared at driving enhancements to optimize changeovers and start ups of large scale film extrusions lines and driving cutting edge advancements in Total Productive Maintenance.
- Defining meaningful metrics to measure success and will work to drive support and engagement from the greater organization.
- Supporting multiple cross functional teams driven to apply innovative solutions to get to the next level of performance.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Three years of manufacturing experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degrees or higher in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Certified Lean Six Sigma BB
- Experience/training with Lean Manufacturing Principles
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.