Meeting and Event Technology SpecialistMAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAAdministrationR01057849
Meeting and Event Technology Specialist
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman of the board at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Meeting and Event Technology Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Optimizing the global implementation of meeting and event technology tools to elevate the attendee and planner experience
- Developing and empowering 3M’s global community of meeting and event planners to promote technology adoption
- Implementing a reporting framework to track meeting/event key performance indicators and return on investment
- Supporting strategic projects by providing technology consultation and building event registration websites, mobile apps, and meeting request forms
- Partnering with 3M Information Technology on meeting/event technology assessments, upgrades, and integrations
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of experience working with event management technology tools in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and team collaboration skills (at all levels of the organization)
- Skilled at gathering and analyzing requirements from stakeholders; researching and addressing complex topics; negotiating project scope; and advocating best practices and processes on a global level
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Experienced working with Cvent event management technology
- Strong technical aptitude
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.