3M HIS Technical Supervisor (Meriden, CT)MERIDEN, Connecticut, USALaboratorium R00977158
3M is seeking a Technical Supervisor for the 3M Health Information Systems located in Meriden, CT. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
3M Grouper Applications Team in Meriden, CT is seeking a highly motivated leader for teams developing software products used internationally to ensure accurate reimbursement of health care claims and improve the quality of health care. Our cross-functional agile/Scrum teams develop a mix of AWS cloud-based and on-premises Java applications - interest and versatility in all these areas is a must. If you have people leadership skills, relevant technical leadership experience, an urge to automate, improve processes and are driven to deliver quality software to customers that can improve patients' lives, we'd love to talk with you.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- This includes hiring, establishing and tracking goals and objectives, assigning workload, training, and facilitating the performance review process. Provide direct technical supervision to 5+ assigned staff responsible for developing 3M HIS products, including Developers and Scrum Masters.
- As Technical Product Owner for a team working on infrastructure, automation and improvements to our web service product in AWS, set technical direction and establish, prioritize and work with the development team to define and update the team’s backlog.
- Mentor development staff with duties such as analysis, software design, prototyping, coding, debugging, test case creation, test case automation, test case execution, documentation, support, infrastructure maintenance.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, coordinate and communicate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Leaders, Developers and others.
- Champion Scrum principles throughout the organization and consistently implement all aspects of Scrum across the scrum teams, mentoring Scrum Masters.
- Create an atmosphere of innovation and enable professional growth
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years or more of software development experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of one (1) year team leadership experience (supervisor, scrum master, team lead)
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience using git and/or Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with Gradle, Ant, or Maven
- Experience with Java software development
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Familiar with SQL and relational database design
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience working with distributed team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Ability to direct and influence others
Location: Meriden, CT
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized.
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence