Financial Analyst ∞ (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USAFinanzwesenR00968073
3M is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
This candidate selected will join a high visibility position as a valued member of 3M’s Corporate FP&A organization. Working in a collaborative environment, this position will be responsible for 1) Executing critical reporting and forecasting results for the Corporate Controller and Senior Management (40%), 2) Delivering high impact financial analysis for the organization (30%), and 3) Developing annual operating and long-term financial strategic plans (30%).
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares critical reports and forecasts for 3M’s Corporate Controller and Senior Management
- Develops insights and analysis into actionable presentations that deliver an impact by creating value; insights will be regularly presented to 3M’s Executive Management
- Assists 3M’s CFO in development of presentation materials for 3M’s board of director meetings
- Key team member creating the total Company’s annual operating plan and related business targets
- Manage analysis of special projects (FMR, acquisition, divestitures) for inclusion in the earnings-per-share model
- Work closely Corporate Accounting during the monthly close process and with Investor Relations, Treasury and External Reporting through the quarterly earnings process
- Experience with managing competing priorities and requests
- Strong communication skills
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) combined years of finance and/or accounting experience in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Track record of collaborating with teams to create unique, compelling and impactful analyses
- Experience with the Longview planning application
- Experience with Business Objects reporting
- MBA degree
- Previous experience in a Financial Planning & Analysis function with ability to connect the dots across the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement through varying FX environments
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).