Full Stack Developer (Maplewood, MN)MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota, USALaboratorium R00931286
3M is seeking an innovative and disciplined Full Stack Developer to join the Software Research Lab in 3M's Corporate Research Systems Lab, located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join the Corporate Research Systems Lab (CRSL), which collaborates and innovates with all of 3M's businesses and divisions. CRSL is a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams responsible for designing and developing digital technologies from the hardware and electronics, to the algorithms and analytics, and the application software layer. A successful candidate will work side-by-side with scientists and engineers in broad disciplines from electronic, mechanics, software, artificial intelligence and advanced analytics.
The ideal candidate is a driven and dedicated engineer with experience in cloud technologies. Someone who is enthusiastic about building tools to help analyze, validate, and collect data from a wide range of inputs. In this role, you will be responsible for helping design, maintain, and expand systems that ingest, manipulate and distribute data from a wide variety of devices, over multiple transport protocols, running on multiple platforms. You will work on a dynamic team that designs and implements cutting-edge software and scalable platform services. Our platform supports artificial intelligence/machine learning, new visualization approaches (AR/VR), and Internet of Things technologies for both existing products as well as research and development of new products. You will be part of an agile team that will help design and build a state of the art and enterprise grade service oriented platform on top of which 3M businesses will rely on.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver high customer value through implementation of highly scalable and agile platform services
- Be able to synthesize requirements and identify new solution opportunities and options
- Leverage the latest cloud capabilities (from AWS or Azure)
- Integration of Software Configuration Management (SCM) using tools like Jenkins, Puppet, or Chef
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) solutions and help customers automate various stages of their deployments and testing processes
- Implement infrastructure as code for various cloud platforms, from planned architectures
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks or container orchestration platforms
- Understand containers and how they fit into professional development cycles as build artifacts
- Highly focused on customer needs and injecting such needs into platform capabilities
- Work with various source control technologies such as GitHub, Git and VSTS
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands on, software engineering experience in building business critical, scalable systems
- Curious about customer product challenges and driven by desire to push the product and technology forward
- Ability to develop, manage, test and deploy new applications and platform services
- Proficient in Java or another object-oriented programming language
- Experience with Cloud services such as AI, Visualization and Blockchain
- Experience with Spring, MySQL, NoSQL datastore (e.g. Cassandra)
- Experience creating and using web based REST APIs
- Comfortable interacting with relational databases
- Experience with DevOps tooling: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, GitHub, Git or VSTS
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Enjoys delivering innovative solutions with minimal guidance; Self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills along with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Successful track record of delivering results in complex cross-functional projects
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).